Are You Making Money From Blogging?

Posted by Fire-group inc | 2:19 PM | 0 comments »

Is anyone making money from blogging? That's a question that a lot of people would like to have answered. My guess is that hundreds of bloggers would like to know the answer ... not counting all those who may be considering blogging as a source of income.

Anyone who has been poking around the Internet for a while will have been offered the realization of all their financial dreams through blogging. There is no doubt that there are some people who make money from blogging, but I wonder if some of the people who are promising to show you how to blog to make money, are actually successful bloggers, or if they make their money by selling advice.

Why am I interested? Well, the answer to that is that recently I saw something that made me sit up and take notice. But first, let me explain that I have been blogging for nine months and have made no money at all from blogging. It all started when my wife and I set up a blog to record our experiences on an overseas holiday. It was mainly for our own benefit, to record our adventures and display our photographs, and to let our family and a few friends know what we were doing on our trip.

Our holiday blog worked very well. We were able to keep track of our experiences and we were amazed that so many of our family members and friends actually read our blogs. Since our return I have continued to write occasional blogs about things that interest me, without any set plan, or with any prospect of making money from my blog. I suspect that most bloggers are like me in that respect.

The thing that made me take notice was a small banner advertisement on a bookshop website that caught my attention. I very rarely click on banners, and never on those annoying ones that move to attract your attention, but this one worked on me. It said, "Start Your Own Money Making Blog Today", so I clicked on it, cautiously expecting the usual buy, buy, buy demands, but what I was offered was a course of ten free videos showing how to set up a blog, absolutely free.

We all know there is no such thing as a free lunch so I expected there had to be a catch somewhere. I didn't find one - just some clear, easy to understand videos with instructions for me about how to actually make some money from blogging.

But the question remains - can YOU make money blogging?

Anyone can write a blog about their holiday, but does one still have the interest to keep writing when the holiday is over?

The hardest thing is often deciding just what to blog about. You need to select the subject of your blog very carefully as it needs to be something you can write about day after day for the foreseeable future. It needs to be something you enjoy writing about, or something that is fun to write about and certainly not a subject that you will get sick of in two or three months.

If the goal is to make money from blogging, then blogging will have to be treated like a business. I am not normally well organized, but I will need to organize myself and my time to make sure that I continue to work towards my goal.

Lots of people these days are 'blogging' and my guess is that most of them are really not making much money from their efforts. However there are many who have become experts in the field and these are the ones we need to turn to for guidance, and if you are prepared to put in sufficient effort, remain focused and consistent you will reap the rewards that successful blogging can bring.

Geoff Aslett believes that blogging can lead to a good part-time or full-time income and can be a great source of interest and fun if you choose your subject wisely. His interest in family history and his travels searching for ancestors started his interest in blogging.

0 comments

There is Nothing Better Than Work From Home. make money like a millionaire and life happily without any trouble.